Monday, November 1, 2010

FSOSS 2010 - Day 2 (October 29, 2010)

I wasn't able to blog last Friday (October 29, 2010) due to my sickness. After my volunteer shift around 3:00PM that day, I started feeling lightheaded. I rushed home and skipped my awaited presentation (Paul Whalen's ARM Project). As soon as I got home, I crashed into bed and had a fever later that night.
I'm feeling a little better now. I hope I don't miss tomorrow's SBR600 class due to this.


Here are the presentations I attended to last Friday:

The Business of Linux - How individuals can get in the game
It's an hour talk about the basics of business practices do's and don'ts. It was presented by Ms. Karlie Robinson.

Systemtap - System Wide Probing on Linux: Focus on User Space
I personally think this is an awesome project, but I didn't really get how they presented it. I don't know if I was just not techie enough or it was just too technical. It was presented by Mr. Dave Brolley and his team of 2 guys (names didn't appear on the presenter list)

How CMS architectures affect dev. communities
I was expecting too much for this presentation. I thought I was going to find out which CMS system is the most popular, widely used... etc. Although the presentation only lasted for 30 minutes I still learned about architectures, programming languages used and a little about Content Management System evolution. It was presented by Mr. Julian Egelstaff.


Useful Links:

Karlie Robinson's Blog.
Systemtap

1 comments:

Frank Ch. Eigler said...

Hey Mark, I work with Dave Brolley (and Rayson Ho and Lukas Berk, his co-presenters) on systemtap. What aspects of the presentation did you find too hard to get? Might it have needed more introduction or more examples, or what? We'd appreciate your advice.

Post a Comment